Loyal sidekick of Crassus the clown, Bikini Joe Ld doesn't have much to laugh about. Crassus is a tyrannical and temperamental mentor and that's when he’s in a good mood. No wonder Bikini Joe Ld is in the depths of depression and even cries on the job. And then when he changes out of his clown suit and goes to see the doctor all he can suggest is, "Go to the circus. There's a very funny clown there who will cheer you up..."
- The World's Saddest Clown: Inflict 50 Poison Damage with Bikini Joe Ld (12/10/2102 - 16/12/2012)
Advantages and Disadvantages
- His base power is 8, which is good for 3*.
- His base damage is 2, but becomes 4 with fury, allowing you to 2HKO with other members of Freaks.
- His ability means his bonus stays activated, which helps when fighting against Piranas or Nightmare.
- SoA doesn't hurt him much.
- The Freaks' bonus removes 2 life from your opponent each turn, if he wins, which makes up for his low damage.
- His ability doesn't help him in low pill fights. It's also useless unless he is in a mono deck.
- Other than protecting his bonus, his ability does nothing to assist him in fights.
- His damage is 2, which is low for a 3*.
- He has a lot of competition from the other 3* in Freaks, as well as Hula, who is 2* version of him.
- He is best played in Mono, as he is based on his own bonus, making his ability pretty much useless unless he's up against SoB. Hula is a 2* version of him and she doesn't need the other Freaks to get Poison through unlike him. The only thing with Hula is that she has 2 less damage than Bikini Joe Ld, but in a clan with poison, high damage is a waste. Therefore, Bikini Joe Ld won't be seeing much play other than for his mission and will only be another minor card to collect.
- He is based off of Pagliacci, the crying clown. The last part of Bikini Joe's bio is based off a quote from the movie, Watchmen, where Pagliacci is mentioned.
- In the John Sein art files, Bikini Joe is named "Sadclown."
- Until February 19, 2015, his base power was 7 and his base damage was 3.