A local legend in Los Santos said there was a deity hidden near the island of Melkozu. That was all the encouragement Bloodh needed to send Scubb on a mission to drive poor Chel out of her cave and sell her on to the infamous collector, Van Heckton. Fortunately, the little creature was freed by Tanaereva Cr who sent the pirate flying. In order to spare Chel another pirate raid, Tanaereva Cr asked her to take a human form and put her in the care of Lulabee to be watched over by the Ulu Watu. Chel struggled at first to get used to all these over-excited surfers but fortunately, she was able to rely on Numar to help her decode all their strange human customs. Now a local Clint City legend says a deity lives hidden in the Ulu Watu cove…
- The Legend of the Island of Melkozu: Gain 80 Life Points with Chel
- The New Legend of the Ulu Watu Cove: Win 45 fights by finishing with a knock-out from Chel
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Her base power is 7, which is good for a 3*.
- Her base damage is 3, but becomes 5 with fury, allowing you to 2HKO with other members of Ulu Watu.
- Her ability gives you life back for each damage inflicted on your opponent, meaning you could gain up to five life back.
- Her ability makes her a good bluff against your opponent.
- Her ability helps to create a gap between you and your opponent.
- The clan bonus increases her power by two, making her a potential 9/3.
- Her base damage is 3, which is low for a 3*.
- She is weak against SoA, since she cannot increase your life.
- She is also weak against damage reduction, since the fewer damage she has, the less life you receive.
- Her main weakness are cards, like: Yayoi Cr, Yookie and Bristone, who not only reduce her base damage, but also cancel her ability.
- She has competition from the other 3* in Ulu Watu.
- Her name is based on the name of the Mayan goddess of the midwifery and medicine in ancient Mayan culture, Ix Chel.
- The island of Melkozu is based off of Cozumel.
- Her appearance is based off of an axolotl, which is a type of fish that is often called a "water monster".
- The nickname of the fish is also called "The Mexican Walking Fish", which fits Chel's Los Santos roots (Los Santos being based off of Mexico).