Even before his transformation, Cortez was a killing machine. His strength and machete quickly made him the unrivalled Leader of the Berzerk clan. No one (living) really knows just what he was doing at the Motel on that fateful evening. But one thing's for sure - he was made to lead a small army of crazy fighters. So from there to creating one for himself wasn’t a big step to take...
This card hasn't appeared in a web comic yet.
None at the moment.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- His power is 8, which is very good for a 5*.
- His damage is 8, and becomes 10 with fury, allowing you to 2HKO with any other member of Berzerk.
- He is good to have in your hand when facing GHEIST or Roots, since his ability will be cancelled.
- His bonus removes 2 life from your opponent, so fury may not become necessary.
- He is 5*, so he takes up a lot of room in your deck.
- His main weakness is his ability, which removes 2 of your life after you win with him.
- The minimum for his ability is 4, which is low.
- He is also weak against cards like Baby Q and Clara, who not only reduce his damage, but also cancel out his bonus.
- He has competition from the other 5* in Berzerk.
- Against non-SOB and non-damage reducers and when your opponent has 12 life, furying with him is useless.
- Use him as the final part of a 2HKO or the 4th round to avoid backlash.
- His name and character are a take off on Machete Cortez from the film, Machete.
- His name could also be a possible nod to the song, "Cortez the Killer."
- He is the first Hispanic clan leader in the game, as evident with his name (This was later done with Noctezuma who's the leader of the Huracan).
- He is the first clan leader who was drawn by Drake Tsui.
- He joins DJ Korr Cr, Kiki Cr, and Uchtul Cr as one of the few characters to have maxed out stats.
- He is also the one who restrained and gagged Spyke who knows the real reason why Cortez set up the clan. This means he might have been involved in the gas leak.