In Riotspolis, Dr Van Wesel Ld is renowned for his deep-rooted passion in the study of human anatomy. But having always lived locked up in his laboratory, he has finally been granted special permission by the Council to perform his first investigation on the surface. Having developed his very own surgical techniques, Dr Van Wesel Ld has of course leapt at this opportunity to get out of his lab and study some real live Clint City specimens at close hand...
Advantages & Disadvantages
- His base power is 9, which is good for a 3*.
- His base damage is 3, but becomes 5 with fury, allowing you to 2HKO with other members of Riots.
- His ability allows him to copy the bonus of an opposing card, which helps when fighting against clans, such as: the All-Stars, the Uppers, and the Sakrohm. His ability also helps to increase his power and damage if he is facing: the Ulu Watu, the Bangers, the Fang Pi Clang, or La Junta.
- His ability helps to play mind games on your opponent, depending on what kind of clan they are using. As such, he makes a very good bluff.
- If he is facing his own clan, he has the potential to gain two pillz back.
- The clan bonus gives you a pill back, whether you win or lose with him.
- His base damage is 3, which is low for a 3*.
- His ability is Reprisal, meaning you only have two chances to activate it. It also makes him predictable.
- His ability doesn't work against GHEIST, Roots and Skeelz.
- He has competition from the other 3* in Riots.
- He is the first card in UR history to bypass the base power of 8.
- He is the second fastest Ld to debut, alongside the Riots' first wave (one week), with Tiwi Ld being the fastest by one day.
- He is the first Ld to have 'Doctor' in his name.
- He is loosely based off of Andreas Vesalius who is a Renaissance anatomist who wrote De humani corporis fabrica, a very influential series of books on the human anatomy.