Rather than going to class, Dudley prefers to go to Candy Jack's store with his buddy Timmy to gorge himself with candies. And of course, after ingesting a good few pounds of them, the Nightmare have gone and landed themselves a new member. And for Dudley, it's the perfect opportunity to meet the monsters of his dreams in the flesh. Good going, Duds!
- I Want the Candy!: Win 35 fights by finishing with a knock-out from Dudley Ld (21/12/2012 - 24/02/2013)
Advantages and Disadvantages
- 6 Damage is great, and allows easy KOs with other Nightmare members such as Glorg and Kolos Cr.
- His Ability has a very low minimum, putting him ahead of any card with a base power of 8, and absolutely crushing anything with less than 5 Power. He destroys cards like Oshitsune, Caelus Cr, and beats even the infamous Robb Cr.
- 5 base Power isn't great for a 4*.
- He's weak to Damage reducers, since he no longer deals any sort of Poison, Toxin, or Life manipulation (=he's just a beat-stick).
- He is a 4*, so he takes up a bit of room in your deck.
- He has competition from the other 4* in Nightmare.
- He's weak to cards like Pandora and Zaria who have higher Power and block his manipulation.
- Originally, he was a 7/5 with Defeat: -2 Opp Life min. 1. He was changed to 7/5, Defeat: Toxin 1, Min. 3. The minimum was lowered to 2, but he was then deemed too powerful, and was completely reworked as a 5/6 with -3 Opp. Power Min. 4. His minimum was then lowered to 1, making him a 4* 5/6 with -3 Opp. Power, Min. 1. [Thanks to HipHoppa for documenting this otherwise obscure history]
- His name comes from Dudley Dursley, Harry Potter's cousin who, like Dudley Ld, also has an eating problem.
- His appearance in his final level is based off of The Boomer from The Left 4 Dead series.
- Dudley was the first Ld card to be available for Ld release.
- He could be based off of Augustus Gloop from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- His 4th release was on 12/21/2012, the day of the "supposed" 2012 Apocalypse.
- He is the first Nightmare card to be drawn by Drake Tsui (aka Quirkilicious).
- In his re-release, Birthday Tea, one of his missions is called 'Candy a Go-Go'. This is a nod to the infamously bad film, Monster a Go-Go.