Edwin has never really been normal. Even before his accident, he had an almost symbiotic relationship with his secateurs and a strange glint in his eyes... But since being struck by lightning, there's no doubt about it: he's now well and truly at home with the Nightmare clan. Some members of the clan have even started having nightmares since he turned up...
- Nightmare on Burton Street: Win 100 rounds with Edwin
Advantages & Disadvantages
- He has a solid damage if 5.
- His ability reduces the opponent's power by 3, with a low min of 4, which evens the playing field quite well.
- His bonus stops the opponent's bonus, which secures his ability when going up against Roots and Gheist and is overall very handy.
- His base power of 5 is low.
- SOA really injures him.
- Edwin is a take-off on horror icon, Freddy Krueger, while his name and bladed hands are based on Edward Scissorhands.
- In the John Sein art files, Edwin is addressed as "Nightmare Fredd.", which is another reference to Freddy Krueger.
- The name of Edwin's mission is yet another reference to Freddy Krueger since the name of the films that starred Freddy were called, 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'. Also, the name Burton could be a reference to famed director, Tim Burton, who directed Edward Scissorhands.
- The part of his Bio saying "Some members of the clan have started having nightmares since he showed up" could also be a reference to Nightmare on Elm Street since Freddy Krueger killed his victims in their nightmares.