Mandrak, the "defense against the dark forces of the 7 dimensions" teacher spends more time traveling the world plugging dimensional cracks than giving lessons. But his students respect him. After all, it was he who imprisoned Uchtul in the past, and anyway he always brings back strange souvenirs with amazing stories to go with them. But lately, Mandrak's pupils are a bit worried. He's strangely grown and more often than not now he ends his classes with a demonic cackle. Milton is wondering whether his teacher's prolonged contact with putrid dimensions might not provoke the very catastrophe he was trying so hard to avert!
- Monster Hunter: Gain 39 pillz with Mandrak
Advantages & Disadvantages
- His base power is 8, which is good for a 5*.
- His base damage is 6, which is also good.
- His ability gives you three pillz back, after you've won with him.
- The maximum for his ability is nine, which is good.
- His ability makes him a good bluff against your opponent.
- The clan bonus prevents his ability from being cancelled, unless he is facing an all-stop.
- His ability is useless in the last round, since the fight will be over.
- He has competition from the other 5* in Skeelz.
- He is a 5*, so he takes up a lot of room in your deck.
- His appearance is based off of Veigar from the popular MOBA, League of Legends.
- His appearance may also be based off of the black mages from the Final Fantasy series.
- The class he teaches is a nod to defense against the dark arts class from the Harry Potter series.
- He is the third Death class teacher in the Skeelz Academy, behind Greem and Dr. Falkenstein.
- His name comes from the a plant called a Mandragora (also known as mandrake), which is used in occult rituals. It can also be a reference to Mandrake the magician, an old comics character.
- Due to the fact that his face is completely obscured by shadow (which is a popular way in all comic books and/or video games to censor the identity of the primary antagonist before a key revelation moment), he might be based off of Father, one of the antagonists from the Cartoon Network television series, Codename: Kids Next Door.