For a long time Doctor Vryer had been nurturing a totally ludicrous plan in his twisted mind. Nevertheless, it was easy for him to bring Toro round to his way of thinking. He just had to mention the words “Kolos”, “Robot” and “Giant” and before he knew it the project was given the go-ahead! The assembling process was proceeding nicely until the other clans' attack on the site forced Toro to activate the machine prematurely. Mechakolos is in good working order, the only problem is that, rather like his prototype, he's completely uncontrollable!
Advantages & Disadvantages
- His base power is 7, which is good for a 5*.
- His base damage is 6, which is also good.
- His ability increases his damage by four, making him a potential 7/10.
- If you fury with him, while his ability is activated, his damage increases to 12, meaning you can 1HKO your opponent.
- His ability makes him a good bluff against your opponent, since they won't know whether or not you are planning to inflict damage.
- Since his ability is only activated if he is played second in a round, you will be able to see and counter what card your opponent plays first.
- The clan bonus cancels an opposing card's ability, which makes fights easier.
- His ability is Reprisal, meaning it only activates if he is played second in a round, meaning you only have two chances to activate it.
- His ability also makes him predictable.
- He is weak against damage reduction.
- He is a 5*, so he takes up a lot of room in your deck.
- He has competition from the other 5* in GHEIST.
- Kneel Before Mechakolos: Inflict 300 Damages with Mechakolos
- He is based off of Mechagodzilla, similar to how Kolos is based off of the original Godzilla.
- He is the 4th event-released card in the game. (Mechamenace!)
- His second level artwork is almost identical to Kolos's final level.
- His final form resembles the Digimon, Machinedramon.
- With XU-B0t's Release on 9/18/15, it has been mentioned that Mechakolos has been deactivated with XU-B0t to be his replacement, as long as Vryer doesn't get his hands on it.
- In his departure announcement, it is mentioned that Mechakolos felt redundant due to the arrival of XU-B0t, who took more initiative and was better at taking orders. So he left to find a place where he could be of some use.