Phillips is without a doubt a huge enigma. Why was he locked up in a cage in a forgotten laboratory in Elektrozoa? Why is his face covered in an iron mask? Could he be the primary case of the great pandemic that has devastated the region? Was he a scientist who was removed because he knew too much, but who they didn’t want to get rid of entirely because he might still be of use? Or is he actually the person responsible for the catastrophe? So many unanswered questions… But anyway, now he’s been zombified, Phillips is far removed from all these concerns and is focusing on his passion for pliers and fresh flesh.
- He's got a thing about fresh meat: Win 5 battles with a knock-out from Phillips
Advantages & Disadvantages
- His base damage is 7, which is good for a 4*.
- His ability increases his power by three, making him a potential 9/7.
- His ability makes him a good bluff when facing a card with SoA as an ability.
- The clan bonus cancels an opposing card's bonus, which helps makes fights easier.
- His base power is 6, which is low for a 4*.
- His ability is Stop-based, meaning it only activates if it has been cancelled. It also makes him predictable.
- His ability doesn't work against GHEIST or Roots, due to his bonus cancelling out their bonus.
- He has competition from the other 4* in Nightmare.
- He is a 4*, so he takes up room in your deck.
- He could be based in William Birkin, one of the main antagonists of Resident Evil Series.
- He also shares some similarities with Dr. Mundo from the MOBA, League of Legends.
- His name could be a reference to Phillips' head screwdrivers, in regards to his fascination to tools (notably pliers).
- Phillip is the male form of Phyllis, which, incidentally, is used by the Nightmare member of the same name.
- The many theories about who he is, as well as the fact that he is wearing an iron mask, means that he is partly based on The Man in the Iron Mask, a real-life mystery character from France.