Last of the Northern Forest Druids, Thaumaturge found refuge in Clint City. His knowledge of ancient, mind-bending drugs have secured him a high position in the Nightmare Clan. (Thaumaturge is a character from the graphic novel "Marlysa", Soleil publishing. (C) MC Productions, Gaudin, Danard)
Advantages & Disadvantages
- This card reduces the opponent's Damage by 2 with a very low minimum of 2, destroying KO combo cards.
- The Bonus and Ability counter very heavily Clans like Fang Pi Clang, La Junta and Frozn, who focus mainly on high Damage output, since he negates their bonus and then reduces it by a further 2 Damage.
- 4/3 stats are terrible, especially for a 3*.
- This card is clearly a throwaway due to its Ability and Bonus, which are geared towards wasting the opponent's turn. It can therefore be predictable.
- His price is extremely inflated because he's Collector, and receives competition from Nerfeniti, Pandora (in many cases), and most notably Artus, who is costs much less, has one less star, a better Ability, and higher Power.
- Thaumaturge's name comes from the Medieval Latin term meaning, 'magician' or 'a performer of miracles'. Christian Saints are often regarded as being 'Thaumaturges'. This ties into the idea of him being the last "Northern Forest Druid" and extensive knowledge of hallucinogenic drugs.